I had a few questions in mind, and I could get responses to them, I would appreciate it.
1. I have invited all my friends via facebook to vote for me. I invited them to a page with all the info, but so far I have only gotten three people to comment on it. [I even asked them to like the post to save time, but no one has]. So i was thinking about going to each of their FB pages and asking them to vote for me and share this with others.
This sounds like spamming and i really am not comfortable with this.
I am thinking about creating an event, rather then posting on each person's wall, but i am not sure how the flow will be.
2. My second question pertains to paranoia. Why do we feel uncomfortable and weird when asking for votes. I know very few people, but just recently I asked one of my HS teacher [I'm a freshman in college so they know me pretty well] and while writing the email, and waiting for the response I felt so weird. I got her reply this morning, and she would love to help.
I am also planning ot write to my otehr HS teachers who know me pretty well, but again I'm "afraid" that they might not like it, and/or they might get multiple messages from each other, etc and just get upset. [one HS teacher sends an email to the entire school. And another teacher whom i email does the same, etc.] I don't know how this will work, or if I should be happy with only sending just one email and then letting her send it to everyone, etc.
[this honestly doesn't seem clear to me in my mind, thus I'm assuming it isn't clear in writing. Please let me know if this makes sense, or I will try to improve it ]
I guess my overall / underlying question is "Why do we get paranoid when requesting votes from others"
I want to send an email to someone my dad knows [he is a business friend] and i keep thinking i shouldn't because it might affect their business relation [he is a nice person, but idk, i just am werid i guess :P]
3. Finally, does anyone have any tips on getting votes,
So far I have:
- I have created youtube videos requesting votes, I have added annotations to my most popular videos requesting votes, as well as create video responses to most popular videos [I still have to do this
one, but will do].
- I have gone on forums asking for vote requests [specially those who specialize in such things]
- Facebook, Squidoo, and other sites have been targetted and I am in the process of making my own bloggin website hoping it generates a decent amount of votes.
- Have asked Friends over facebook, but they must not like getting invited thus I will be personally commenting on each person's FB page asking them to vote and spread
[im iffy on doing this, i did mention to you guys above that i might just create an event, but since I already invited them to a page, i don't know what to do...]
- Will be emailing friends and family, and other people too
4. This one is youtube specific. I have created a video on youtube requesting votes, and I have also added annotations on my videos that mare most popular [they get 150-300 votes per day] but so far i haven't gotten a single vote from them [i started yesterday...] and im tracking it with bit.ly.. should i wait out on youtube, or should i do video responses. [i dont know how they work, i know how to do them, but i don't know where to do it per se [like do i do it on popular videos that are random, or do i respond to a related video or something?!?!]
Finally, im planning to send the video out to all those who have sent me video responses via youtube inbox, but it feels so weird. Any tips on getting over that!
I appreciate all the feedback responses and votes I have gotten through this site. thanks! And i apologize for the length and the confusing structure of this post. I didn't want ot create multiple threads . thanks again!