Contest Galaxy
Welcome to Contest Galaxy.To access our site register for free and enjoy talking to a friendly community. Once registered you will have access to our vote trading section. Our friendly staff will also help you with any questions you may have. Thanks for visiting! If you have any doubts about our site check out our winners lounge!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Contest Galaxy
Welcome to Contest Galaxy.To access our site register for free and enjoy talking to a friendly community. Once registered you will have access to our vote trading section. Our friendly staff will also help you with any questions you may have. Thanks for visiting! If you have any doubts about our site check out our winners lounge!
Contest Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Contest and sweepstake headquarters.

Welcome to the Official Vote Exchange. Our address is www.contestgalaxy.com Please read our rules before posting.
Earning Your % Bar Back

Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:07 am by Tiramisu

Earning Your % Back:

1. 10% restore for 10 votes without Asking …

Comments: 8

Top posting users this week
No user

Ads
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 194 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:52 am
Translator
Donation

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paranoia when requesting votes, and tips for getting votes :)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shyampatel23

Hey My Fellow Contest Lovers!

I had a few questions in mind, and I could get responses to them, I would appreciate it.

1. I have invited all my friends via facebook to vote for me. I invited them to a page with all the info, but so far I have only gotten three people to comment on it. [I even asked them to like the post to save time, but no one has]. So i was thinking about going to each of their FB pages and asking them to vote for me and share this with others.
This sounds like spamming and i really am not comfortable with this.
I am thinking about creating an event, rather then posting on each person's wall, but i am not sure how the flow will be.

My second question pertains to paranoia. Why do we feel uncomfortable and weird when asking for votes. I know very few people, but just recently I asked one of my HS teacher [I'm a freshman in college so they know me pretty well] and while writing the email, and waiting for the response I felt so weird. I got her reply this morning, and she would love to help.
I am also planning ot write to my otehr HS teachers who know me pretty well, but again I'm "afraid" that they might not like it, and/or they might get multiple messages from each other, etc and just get upset. [one HS teacher sends an email to the entire school. And another teacher whom i email does the same, etc.] I don't know how this will work, or if I should be happy with only sending just one email and then letting her send it to everyone, etc.
[this honestly doesn't seem clear to me in my mind, thus I'm assuming it isn't clear in writing. Please let me know if this makes sense, or I will try to improve it Paranoia when requesting votes, and tips for getting votes :) 83228]

I guess my overall / underlying question is "Why do we get paranoid when requesting votes from others"
I want to send an email to someone my dad knows [he is a business friend] and i keep thinking i shouldn't because it might affect their business relation [he is a nice person, but idk, i just am werid i guess :P]

3. Finally, does anyone have any tips on getting votes,
So far I have:
- I have created youtube videos requesting votes, I have added annotations to my most popular videos requesting votes, as well as create video responses to most popular videos [I still have to do this
one, but will do].
- I have gone on forums asking for vote requests [specially those who specialize in such things]
- Facebook, Squidoo, and other sites have been targetted and I am in the process of making my own bloggin website hoping it generates a decent amount of votes.
- Have asked Friends over facebook, but they must not like getting invited thus I will be personally commenting on each person's FB page asking them to vote and spread Paranoia when requesting votes, and tips for getting votes :) 83228
[im iffy on doing this, i did mention to you guys above that i might just create an event, but since I already invited them to a page, i don't know what to do...]

- Will be emailing friends and family, and other people too

4. This one is youtube specific. I have created a video on youtube requesting votes, and I have also added annotations on my videos that mare most popular [they get 150-300 votes per day] but so far i haven't gotten a single vote from them [i started yesterday...] and im tracking it with bit.ly.. should i wait out on youtube, or should i do video responses. [i dont know how they work, i know how to do them, but i don't know where to do it per se [like do i do it on popular videos that are random, or do i respond to a related video or something?!?!]
Finally, im planning to send the video out to all those who have sent me video responses via youtube inbox, but it feels so weird. Any tips on getting over that!

I appreciate all the feedback responses and votes I have gotten through this site. thanks! And i apologize for the length and the confusing structure of this post. I didn't want ot create multiple threads . thanks again!

Admin

Admin
Administrator
Administrator

shyampatel23 wrote:Hey My Fellow Contest Lovers!

I had a few questions in mind, and I could get responses to them, I would appreciate it.

1. I have invited all my friends via facebook to vote for me. I invited them to a page with all the info, but so far I have only gotten three people to comment on it. [I even asked them to like the post to save time, but no one has]. So i was thinking about going to each of their FB pages and asking them to vote for me and share this with others.
This sounds like spamming and i really am not comfortable with this.
I am thinking about creating an event, rather then posting on each person's wall, but i am not sure how the flow will be.

My second question pertains to paranoia. Why do we feel uncomfortable and weird when asking for votes. I know very few people, but just recently I asked one of my HS teacher [I'm a freshman in college so they know me pretty well] and while writing the email, and waiting for the response I felt so weird. I got her reply this morning, and she would love to help.
I am also planning ot write to my otehr HS teachers who know me pretty well, but again I'm "afraid" that they might not like it, and/or they might get multiple messages from each other, etc and just get upset. [one HS teacher sends an email to the entire school. And another teacher whom i email does the same, etc.] I don't know how this will work, or if I should be happy with only sending just one email and then letting her send it to everyone, etc.
[this honestly doesn't seem clear to me in my mind, thus I'm assuming it isn't clear in writing. Please let me know if this makes sense, or I will try to improve it Paranoia when requesting votes, and tips for getting votes :) 83228]

I guess my overall / underlying question is "Why do we get paranoid when requesting votes from others"
I want to send an email to someone my dad knows [he is a business friend] and i keep thinking i shouldn't because it might affect their business relation [he is a nice person, but idk, i just am werid i guess :P]

3. Finally, does anyone have any tips on getting votes,
So far I have:
- I have created youtube videos requesting votes, I have added annotations to my most popular videos requesting votes, as well as create video responses to most popular videos [I still have to do this
one, but will do].
- I have gone on forums asking for vote requests [specially those who specialize in such things]
- Facebook, Squidoo, and other sites have been targetted and I am in the process of making my own bloggin website hoping it generates a decent amount of votes.
- Have asked Friends over facebook, but they must not like getting invited thus I will be personally commenting on each person's FB page asking them to vote and spread Paranoia when requesting votes, and tips for getting votes :) 83228
[im iffy on doing this, i did mention to you guys above that i might just create an event, but since I already invited them to a page, i don't know what to do...]

- Will be emailing friends and family, and other people too

4. This one is youtube specific. I have created a video on youtube requesting votes, and I have also added annotations on my videos that mare most popular [they get 150-300 votes per day] but so far i haven't gotten a single vote from them [i started yesterday...] and im tracking it with bit.ly.. should i wait out on youtube, or should i do video responses. [i dont know how they work, i know how to do them, but i don't know where to do it per se [like do i do it on popular videos that are random, or do i respond to a related video or something?!?!]
Finally, im planning to send the video out to all those who have sent me video responses via youtube inbox, but it feels so weird. Any tips on getting over that!

I appreciate all the feedback responses and votes I have gotten through this site. thanks! And i apologize for the length and the confusing structure of this post. I didn't want ot create multiple threads . thanks again!

1. I am in the same boat as you. I have a lot of voting friends but when I first started... I got maybe 10 out of my 260 friends to actually vote for me. The best way is to actually chat the person and ask them to vote but not in a way that looks like spam. I personally like somoene asking me in a chat than leaving me a message on my wall. The groups and events can help but I actually get so many daily reminders every day I hardly click on them. Even though now I'm very busy on this site as well.

2. I was always afraid to ask my family as well. My mom on the other hand was all for voting for me. After I won my first contest she was like "wow" thats amazing. My suggestion if you know them well enough just do it.

3. about getting votes. ASK ASK ASK. Thats about all you can do. and if someone votes for you ask them to spread the word. Some youtubers, the ones with thousands of subscribers have no problem with that issue.

4. Never used a youtube vid to get votes. So sorry can't help about that.

Pretty much for this site. The more you spend time on it the more votes you receive.

Is your contest daily or 1 time? Daily are the easiest to get votes for while 1x are a bit harder. Best of luck and if you have any questions let me know!

Admin.

http://contestgalaxy.com

shyampatel23

Admin wrote:
1. I am in the same boat as you. I have a lot of voting friends but when I first started... I got maybe 10 out of my 260 friends to actually vote for me. The best way is to actually chat the person and ask them to vote but not in a way that looks like spam. I personally like somoene asking me in a chat than leaving me a message on my wall. The groups and events can help but I actually get so many daily reminders every day I hardly click on them. Even though now I'm very busy on this site as well.

2. I was always afraid to ask my family as well. My mom on the other hand was all for voting for me. After I won my first contest she was like "wow" thats amazing. My suggestion if you know them well enough just do it.

3. about getting votes. ASK ASK ASK. Thats about all you can do. and if someone votes for you ask them to spread the word. Some youtubers, the ones with thousands of subscribers have no problem with that issue.

4. Never used a youtube vid to get votes. So sorry can't help about that.

Pretty much for this site. The more you spend time on it the more votes you receive.

Is your contest daily or 1 time? Daily are the easiest to get votes for while 1x are a bit harder. Best of luck and if you have any questions let me know!

Admin.

thank you for the reply, my contest is one time, which as you said makes things harder. And i figure that people are cheating too which disappoints me. I'm in a pretty good standing, No. 3, but im 300 away from being no. 1 and that's tough competition.

I'll follow through on your advice, and just post to the walls of my close FB friends, and i'll ask some youtubers for some help smile

thanks so much!

bastiansmom

bastiansmom
Vote Master
Vote Master

Great questions- as new vote seeker, I understand how you feel. I'm glad that I'm nosing around the site and reading what other people do. I've done just the facebook message thing and posting on my page and I got a pretty good number of votes, so I'll be sure to try the rest of the ideas I find here!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum