No Purchase Necessary
1. Eligibility: The Sharp's "Big Is Too Small a Word" Contest ("Contest") is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C., who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household) of Sharp Electronics Corporation ("Sponsor"), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. ("Administrator"), parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies (collectively with Sponsor, the "Contest Entities") are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law.
2. How To Enter the Contest: The Contest begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on May 27, 2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 22, 2011 ("Contest Period"). During the Contest Period, you can enter the Sweepstakes through the Sharp Contest application on the Facebook Platform ("Website"). You can also find the application on the Contest tab on the Sharp AQUOS Fan Page on Facebook (You must "Like" the Sharp AQUOS Fan Page also). Follow the instructions to complete the online entry form, including your "Big Word". You must also upload an original photo showing your "Big Word". Entrant may be the only person depicted in photo. "Big Word" must be in English and 25 letters or less. All material submitted to Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be referred to herein as the "Entry" and the person submitting the Entry shall be referred to herein as the "Entrant". Entrants may enter as often as they wish during the Contest Period, but each Entry must be unique. Entries deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor's sole discretion will be disqualified. Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate (including but not limited to materials deemed criminal, indecent, pornographic, profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous. This includes words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group. Submitted Entries and Entrant's first and last name will be posted at the Website after they have been screened for content and eligibility by a representative of the Sponsor within two (2) days of receipt so long as they meet the entry requirements (see below). If an Entry has not been posted within two days from when it is uploaded, it has been rejected. Entrants whose Entry has been rejected may be notified via email that the Entry has been rejected. Any such Entrant will then have the opportunity to create a new Entry and upload it to the Website so long as it is submitted prior to the end of the Contest Period. All eligible Entries (as determined by Sponsor, and subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules) will be posted on the Website through the conclusion of the Contest Period and possibly thereafter. By entering, each Entrant understands that any Entry, in its entirety or any portion thereof, may (in Sponsor's sole discretion) be posted on the Website, broadcast on television and/or used in other Sponsor-selected media, and hereby grants all rights necessary to the Contest Entities, or any of them, to so post, broadcast and/or use such Entry or portion thereof. In Sponsor's discretion, Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrants' online service will apply and are Entrant's sole responsibility. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged Entries. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. Contest Entry Requirements: In the event the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that any Entry contains content that does not comply with these Official Rules or does not otherwise comply with regulatory guidelines, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entry or, if Sponsor determines, edit the content of the Entry. All Entries must be the sole, original work of the Entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize any portion of the Entry from any other source. Entries may not have been published previously or have been submitted in any other competition. The Entrant must own all rights in and to the Entry. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image, or desired image, or they will be disqualified. The Entry may not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate images; and may not include nudity, acts of violence, acts that appear to cause injury or harm, or acts that are illegal or dangerous, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries may not contain any third party materials, and may not contain any materials that violate or infringe (or may be at risk of infringing) any third party rights, including without limitation copyright, trademark rights, privacy rights (including portrayal in a false light), publicity rights, or other intellectual property rights. Entries should not contain logos (other than Sharp), marks that identify a brand, names, license plate numbers or other personal or proprietary materials of any entity or person living or deceased. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether an Entry is eligible. Any Entry that violates this section or is otherwise objectionable (as determined solely by Sponsor), will not be considered and will be disqualified. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries will be disqualified.
4. Transfer of Rights: By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants irrevocably assigns to Sponsor and the Contest Entities the exclusive irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right, title and interest in and to the Entry, including all rights to reproduce, publish, edit, market, store, adapt, assign, sell, dispose of, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry or excerpts of the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) in perpetuity, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on Sponsor-affiliated websites, the Website, and/or other Sponsor-selected media). Entrant hereby disclaims any rights, including any copyright or any other intellectual property right, in or to the Entry following the assignment contemplated hereby.
5. Voting to Determine the Winners: All eligible Entries will be posted to the Website from May 28, 2011 through July 25, 2011 for viewing/voting by the general public. Limit one vote per person, per email address, per Entry, per day during the Contest Period. The top three (3) Entries that receive the most "vote" clicks will be deemed the winners. In the event of a tie, Sponsor will make the final determination of the winner(s). Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by voter's online service will apply and are voters' sole responsibility. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged votes. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values ("ARV"): Grand Prize (3): A 70" Sharp LED TV (69 1/2" Diagonal) (model # LC-70LE732U). ARV $3,799.99 each. Limit: one prize per person. Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received. Prizes are not transferable. No cash redemptions, substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event a prize is unavailable. Taxes related to the prizes are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
The ARV of the electronics prize listed is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules, and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. If the actual purchase price of an electronics prize is less than the ARV stated herein, the prize winner will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference.
7. Winner Notification: The top three (3) Entries that receive the most "vote" clicks will be notified by email, mail, and/or phone after the winners have been determined. The winners (or parent/legal guardian if a minor) will be required to execute and return via email and/or facsimile, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) and an Assignment of Rights ("affidavit") within ten (10) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be determined. If any potential winner is a minor, their parent/legal guardian will be required to complete the affidavit on winner's behalf and prize will be awarded to parent/legal guardian. If prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if the potential winner fails to return the required verification documents within the required document return period is ineligible or does not respond to prize notification or if any potential winner does not comply with these Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential prize winner will be determined.
8. General Rules: By participating, Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entrants will be disqualified if automatic voting software is used in their favor. Winners, all Entrants (and parent/legal guardian if a minor), as a condition of entry/participation into the Contest, agree to indemnify, defend, hold harmless and forever release Contest Entities from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with creation of or submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of the prizes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Contest Entities to use winning Entrants' names, likenesses and the winning Entrants' Entries for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries/votes in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest or online voting for any reason, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. If such cancelation occurs of Contest or online voting, Sponsor reserves the right to determine the winners from among all eligible votes received prior to cancelation. In the event the online voting is cancelled prior to any votes being received, the winners will be determined by Sponsor based on the Entry they think best encompasses a "Big Word".
9. Disputes: Entrant (and parent/legal guardian if a minor) agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in New Jersey; Entrant/Winner submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of New Jersey for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) the Contest Entities will have no liability to any such person, except as a result of breach or violation of these Official Rules by the Contest Entities, in which case any claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event, attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrant/Winner hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant/winner or the Contest Entities in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of New Jersey, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
10. Winners List: For a list of winners, available after August 22, 2011 for a period of at least 30 days, visit the Sharp AQUOS Fan Page on Facebook.
11. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Sharp Electronics Corporation, Sharp Plaza, Mahwah, NJ 07495. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.