Contest Galaxy
Welcome to Contest Galaxy.To access our site register for free and enjoy talking to a friendly community. Once registered you will have access to our vote trading section. Our friendly staff will also help you with any questions you may have. Thanks for visiting! If you have any doubts about our site check out our winners lounge!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Contest Galaxy
Welcome to Contest Galaxy.To access our site register for free and enjoy talking to a friendly community. Once registered you will have access to our vote trading section. Our friendly staff will also help you with any questions you may have. Thanks for visiting! If you have any doubts about our site check out our winners lounge!
Contest Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Contest and sweepstake headquarters.

Welcome to the Official Vote Exchange. Our address is www.contestgalaxy.com Please read our rules before posting.
Earning Your % Bar Back

Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:07 am by Tiramisu

Earning Your % Back:

1. 10% restore for 10 votes without Asking …

Comments: 8

Top posting users this week
No user

Ads
Who is online?
In total there are 39 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 39 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 194 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:52 am
Translator
Donation

You are not connected. Please login or register

FAQ

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FAQ Empty FAQ Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:36 am

Tiramisu

Tiramisu
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rules

Facebook page

What is the best way to get votes? (to be updated)

About Contest Galaxy

History and Founding

Warning system information and list

Group definitions

My post is closed? What do I do now?

How the forum buttons work

What is the Donation button for?

How can I change my password? Or if you have forgotten your password, how to request a new one.

If requesting a new one does not work, message me on this site please: Contact me

Signature: how to make one: Go to "Profile", hit the "signature" tab when the new page loads. Enter what you want into the area provided, and save. You can preview your signature in that area to see how it will look as well. Any trouble with this area, please Message me or any of the mods, trex and johanna.

How do I remove notifications? (to be updated)

Q&A:

Q: Do I need to post a thread?
A: No, you do not, you can just vote for others and leave your link if you do not think you will be able to return enough to have your own thread.

Q: What if I forgot my username/password?
A: Contact me if you need to find your username, Do NOT make a new account.
Forgot your Password? Hit the "log in" button, and click "I forgot my password", fill out the form, username and email, to get a new random password. If this does not work please contact me here
Other password information is listed above in a link.

Q: I was banned, but would like to come back.
A: Contact me through this site
State your username when you do please.

Q: What does "proof of vote" mean?
A: When we ask you to show this, it means to show you voted. This can be through numbers that were given when you voted, ranks, phrases or a screen shot after you have voted. Please remember to give the "proof of vote" that was asked for.

Q: What is a duplicate thread?
A: A duplicate is when you open several threads of the same topic/contest. If you posted your contest in the one time(1x) section instead of the daily, do not open another one in the right section, as an Admin or Moderator to move it. Also, do NOT open a new thread if one was locked, you will be given a warning and that thread also locked.

Q: What is Vote Hijacking?
A: Voting for anybody else other than the originator of the post (1st person on page1)is considered Hijacking (ie taking over their contest topic by spamming it with your own) and it is neither polite, nor good etiquette.It creates unwanted clutter on a user's topic and makes it hard for them to see whom they need to return votes for, as well as making it difficult for the moderators to make sure all votes get returned. Also,those others that you vote for are not obligated to return your vote since they didn't ask for it in the first place.  Take it form another point of view. What if others did it to you? Please remember to only vote for the first person/post on the page, and make your own thread if you want others to vote for you.

Q: Why are the rules so strict?
A: Our rules are strict to make sure everyone is voting, and doing it correctly. We do not like having to warn members and having so many rules as much as members do, but we have to have them in order to have our site work the way it does. We want everyone to get the same amount of votes in return as they give, and to make sure everyone is voting.

Last edited by Tiramisu on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:39 pm; edited 11 times in total

http://www.contestgalaxy.com

2FAQ Empty Re: FAQ Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:08 pm

twinkie74

twinkie74

You ask me earlier to leave a ? here.........my question is.....If your contest doesn't show specific voters how do you know for sure the person voted for you, even if they said they did?

3FAQ Empty Re: FAQ Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:20 am

Tiramisu

Tiramisu
Administrator
Administrator

This is why we enforce the "proof of vote", this is the only way to make sure you are getting your votes. Now, someone could just look at the page and copy and paste the number they see, not sure why someone would waste their time to load a page and not just click vote and then do it, but if someone did do that, they would be caught eventually, because most likely you have friends/family voting as well and someone might copy a number they did. For pages where there is no # you can always ask for a screen shot to make sure they voted or some form of "proof", although doing that for some people might seem difficult. Most members on this forum are going to return votes though.
This is why we have so many rules and may be "strict". These rules prevent people from just trying to "steal" votes from members. From what I have seen, when new members do this, they will either not follow any of the first rules or they will, but then just leave the topic hoping to keep getting votes, and this is why after 2 days, we close and move them, so they do not continue to get votes unfairly and use other members that have been here a while or who are following the rules. I hope this was able to answer your question.

4FAQ Empty Re: FAQ Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:35 pm

twinkie74

twinkie74

yep........answered it very well......thank you

5FAQ Empty Re: FAQ Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:52 pm

mmmbaker

mmmbaker

Hi, I have a question, how can I get my percentage back up to 100%?

Edit: just found the answer in the announcements =) will think of the best option for me and send you a pm

6FAQ Empty Question Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:30 am

The_Matrix000

Is it ok to post the proof of vote + request for vote ?

7FAQ Empty Re: FAQ Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:34 am

Tiramisu

Tiramisu
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, that is how the site works. If you are asking on another thread, you would post the "proof" that they ask you to post, to show you voted, and then leave your link, so that they can return your vote. It is much easier than a member having to search through the forum to find your topic. 

You do not have to get votes that way, you can just post your own thread and just return the votes given to it. Whatever works best.

8FAQ Empty Re: FAQ Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:49 am

Famof4

I tried posting in the new member forum to introduce myself, but was unable to post. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum