Universal’s “Vacation Like You Mean It” Instagram Photo Contest
1) Follow on Instragram
2) Submit Vacation Fave Photo
3) Share and get Votes
Rules (click Spoiler to read)
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed associated with, or administered by Facebook or the App Developer of this Contest. Your entry affirms you understand you are giving a complete release to Facebook and the Developers of this App and that you are not providing your information to Facebook or the App Developer. You agree that you own the copyright or have the necessary rights for any content you upload.
Universal’s “Vacation Like You Mean It” Instagram Photo Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Universal’s “Vacation Like You Mean It” Instagram Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to permanent, legal U.S. residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other United States territories) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Officers, directors, and employees of Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando Resort, and its parent and affiliate companies, members of these persons’ immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or persons living in the same households as these persons (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible. In order to participate, you must have a mobile or tablet device with either a data plan or Wi-Fi access and installed the Instagram application. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. You are responsible for checking applicable laws in your jurisdiction before participating in the Event to make sure that your participation is legal and to ensure that you comply with all relevant laws. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules which are final and binding in all matters related to the contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
2. Sponsor: Universal City Development Partners Ltd. d/b/a Universal Orlando Resort, 1000 Universal Studios Plaza, Orlando, FL 32819.
3. Timing: Universal’s “Vacation Like You Mean It” Instagram Photo Contest (the "Event") will begin at 4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on January 14, 2013, and end at 12:00PM EST on March 14, 2013 (the "Entry Period"). Multiple entries are permitted.
4. How to Enter: Use the Instagram application on your mobile or tablet device to snap photos (“Photo”) and upload to Instagram during the Entry Period. For the caption of each photo, enter any appropriate descriptive text along with the hashtag "#LikeYouMeanIt" (collectively the photo and associated text or other materials are your "Entry"). Your Entry will appear automatically on the Instagram Photo Contest Facebook Tab at https://www.facebook.com/UniversalOrlandoResort (the "Event Webpage"). Multiple entries are permitted. All Entries become the property of Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged. As part of the Entry into the Contest, your name from your Instagram account profile will be collected and used for contact purposes and your Instagram profile name will be used to identify your Entry in the Contest for voting purposes. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval.
5. Grant Of Rights/Submission Guidelines: You must submit the Photo as your Entry to enter and be eligible for the Contest. Professional Photos or Photos containing watermarks will not be eligible. By entering the Contest, entrants grant Sponsor the non-exclusive, royalty-free, and irrevocable rights to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, edit (including for length) and otherwise exploit the Photo, and to incorporate the Photo in other works in any and all markets and media worldwide in perpetuity. Entrants warrant that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor and that the Sponsor's reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of the Photo will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for defamation, false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract. If any Photo contains material that is violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, or racially or morally offensive, or if any photo does not comply with these Official Rules, or meet Sponsor’s standards for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, such Photo (and the related Entry) may be rejected as ineligible for consideration and removed from the Contest and Sponsor’s Contest tab. Entries must comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Entrant also warrants that he/she has obtained: (A) permission from the parents or legal guardians of all persons under the age of eighteen (18) who appear in entrant’s photo; and (B) written permission: (i) when photographing and/or videotaping on property not owned or controlled by Entrant, where such permission is required, and (2) from the parents or legal guardians of any persons who appear in Entrant’s photo who are under the age of thirteen (13) years. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Intellectual property depicted in Universal Orlando Resort may be owned and/or licensed by third parties who confer no rights on guests who may post and/or enter this Contest. Sponsor shall have no obligation to copy, publish, display, or otherwise exploit the Photo.
6. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF FINALISTS AND WINNER: There will be two (2) rounds of judging: round 1: public voting to determine the potential Finalists and round 2: judging based on objective judging criteria to determine the Winner.
a. ROUND 1: PUBLIC VOTING TO DETERMINE FINALISTS: During the Entry Period, members of the general public who have an active Facebook account will be permitted to vote on entries via the Event Webpage on Sponsor’s Facebook page located at http://bit.ly/TPY3UG The user of each active Facebook account will be permitted to vote a maximum of FOUR (once) each day. As an entrant, you are encouraged to tell others about your Entry and ask them to vote for their favorite entries, but any activity that Universal deems fraudulent, unfair, or unethical (such as automated voting using bots, scripts, macros, or other software tools, or one individual casting votes using multiple Facebook accounts) is not permitted and may result in an Entry being removed and/or the entrant disqualified. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. “Authorized account holder” of a Facebook page is defined as the person who is assigned to a Facebook account by the Facebook Website. “Authorized account holder” of an Instagram page is defined as the person who is assigned to an Instagram account by the Instagram Website. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. FINALISTS: The ten (10) entries that receive the most public votes during the Entry Period will be the Finalists. Finalists will be notified and confirmed on or about March 15, 2013 by Universal posting a comment its Facebook page, Facebook.com/UniversalOrlandoResort and posting on the relevant Photo within the Finalist’s Instagram feed.
b. ROUND 2: JUDGING TO DETERMINE WINNER: The Judging Period will begin at March 15, 2013 and end at March 22, 2013. Universal will appoint a panel of three (3) judges. The panel of judges will select a winning Entry (the "Winner") in its sole discretion from among the potential Finalist entries. Finalist Entries will be judged based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”) which are equally weighted, in the sole discretion of the panel of judges: (a) appeal of the composition and subject matter (“Appeal”); (b) use of Instagram filters and features (“Use of Features”); and (c) overall quality of the image (“Quality”). In the event of a tie, the Judges will break the tie by selecting the tied entrant who received the highest points from the Judges for Appeal as the potential Winner. In the event a tie remains, an additional tie-breaking judge will judge the tied entries, using the Judging Criteria, to determine which of the tied entrants will be the potential Winner.
A potential winner will be notified via email using the contact information provided by the entrant at the time the entrant becomes a Finalist. Return of any notification email as "undeliverable" or failure to fully comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification. In the event of disqualification of any potential winner, the prize will be forfeited by that potential winner and the panel of judges will select a new potential winner from among the Finalists. Universal is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected or blocked, addresses that are no longer correct, or for any other reason beyond the control of Universal. The potential winner will receive prize notification via email. The potential winner will have three (3) days from time of receipt of winning notification to confirm that the notification has been received and to return to the Universal Orlando a signed copy of a prize acceptance form. All forms must be completed, signed and returned to Universal within the three (3) day timeframe. Upon receipt of the prize acceptance form by the Universal Orlando, the potential winner then and only then becomes the “Winner.” If such potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, if the potential winner is ineligible, if any notification is returned undeliverable, or if the potential winner otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and, at Sponsor's discretion, and time permitting, an alternate potential Winner may be selected from among all eligible remaining entries based on the Judging Criteria.
c. Winner Announcement: On March 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM, EST Sponsor will announce the Winner on Sponsor’s official Facebook page and display the winning Entry and the name of the Winner.
7. GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded: The Grand Prize shall consist of a Trip for four (4) to Orlando, FL. The Trip package includes (a) roundtrip coach-class air transportation for four (4) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Orlando, FL; (b) four (4) consecutive nights accommodations at an on-site hotel or near Universal Orlando® Resort as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, quad occupancy, room and tax only). Hotel accommodations do not include meals, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, souvenirs or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip, not specified here; (c) ground transportation from and to the airport in Orlando, Florida and to/from the hotel and the Universal Orlando theme parks, if needed; (d) four (4) 2-Park Four (4) Day Tickets for admission to both Universal Orlando Resort theme parks; and (e) four (4) guest admissions to a non-exclusive VIP Tour of Universal’s Islands of Adventure, the home of The Wizarding World of Harry PotterTM. All theme park tickets are valid during normal operating hours only. Operating hours and availability of attractions and shows are subject to change without notice. Some special events may be separately ticketed. Sponsor reserves the right to change the name of all tickets. Except as otherwise indicated herein, all tickets specifically exclude admission to special or separately ticketed “hard ticket” entertainment events at either of the theme parks, hotels, or within any of the Universal CityWalk venues such as Hard Rock Live® and the Blue Man Group show.
Blockout dates or other restrictions may apply as dictated by airline and/or hotel. Travel arrangements must be made a minimum of sixty (60) days prior to travel and are subject to availability. All elements of the Grand Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes shall be permitted after confirmation. If Winner is unable to redeem Grand Prize during the designated time period, Grand Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further prize obligation to Winner. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. Airline tickets are void if sold for cash or other consideration. Once issued, airline tickets are non-transferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open airline tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. If an unscheduled stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the trip. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Winners must have valid travel documents (e.g., valid government-issued photo identification and/or passport) and permissions needed to use the Grand Prize prior to departure. Airline tickets will be issued only to Winner and Winner’s travel companions. The Winner is responsible for any additional tax liability related to travel, including applicable departure taxes or fees, all taxes and fees assessed at the time of ticketing, inspection charges, and security charges, and all expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, additional ground transportation, meals, incidentals, airline baggage fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at hotel, taxes or other expenses. Unless child of Winner, travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the Winner. If Winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, travel companion must be Winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must execute prize/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to Winner’s proximity to Orlando, Florida, ground transportation may be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value of each Grand Prize (“ARV”): $4,101.84. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made or redeemed for cash except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to make any deductions and withholdings that Sponsor deems necessary or desirable under applicable federal, state and local tax laws, rules, regulations, codes or ordinances. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. NOTE: If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to Winner’s proximity to Orlando, Florida, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, substitute transportation of its choosing between Winner’s residence and Universal Orlando and no further compensation will be awarded in lieu of air transportation portion of Grand Prize.
8. Release: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and Sponsor’s parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, Facebook, Instagram, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the or Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by Prize supplier that are sent along with Prize; (c) if selected as a Winner, to the posting of such entrant’s name on http://bit.ly/TPY3UG and the use by Released Parties of such name, voice, image, and/or likeness for publicity, promotional, and advertising purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (d) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Contest itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Contest at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. The Winner and Winner’s guests will each be required to sign a photo and video release form.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Contest, if such entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software or Facebook or Instagram networks; (3) for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the contest; (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of Entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, garbled, delayed, misdirected, returned or stolen Entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Contest. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsors reserve the right to select Winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted at http://bit.ly/TPY3UG. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal and state courts of the State of Florida, and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the federal and state courts of the State of Florida, and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida.
14. Winner List: The Winner will be announced by Universal City Development Partners, Ltd., upon receipt of Winner’s signed and notarized affidavits. For the list Winner send an email with subject line: "Universal’s ‘Vacation Like You Mean It” Instagram Photo Contest”, Winner List Request, to email@example.com.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Entrants are providing information to Sponsor and not to Facebook or Instagram.