Contest Galaxy
Welcome to Contest Galaxy.To access our site register for free and enjoy talking to a friendly community. Once registered you will have access to our vote trading section. Our friendly staff will also help you with any questions you may have. Thanks for visiting! If you have any doubts about our site check out our winners lounge!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Contest Galaxy
Welcome to Contest Galaxy.To access our site register for free and enjoy talking to a friendly community. Once registered you will have access to our vote trading section. Our friendly staff will also help you with any questions you may have. Thanks for visiting! If you have any doubts about our site check out our winners lounge!
Contest Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Contest and sweepstake headquarters.

Welcome to the Official Vote Exchange. Our address is www.contestgalaxy.com Please read our rules before posting.
Earning Your % Bar Back

Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:07 am by Tiramisu

Earning Your % Back:

1. 10% restore for 10 votes without Asking …

Comments: 8

Top posting users this week
No user

Ads
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 194 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:52 am
Translator
Donation

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possible cheating?

+5
FireTheCanonAtMe
WinWithMe
xiko11
Admin
somedaybaby
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Possible cheating? Empty Possible cheating? Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:58 am

somedaybaby

somedaybaby

Anyone experience this? My contest is on Offerpop on Facebook, I've been leading the way the whole time (little over a week since it started) thanks to everyone's help here (had 80 votes). The next closest person had 20! They other votes were steady coming in. Somehow, since this morning several of the other pictures got 70-80 votes. Glitch in the system? Did the others suddenly figure out how to get more votes and that many in just a few hours?! What do you think happened!?

You can see the contest here: https://apps.facebook.com/offerpop/Contest.psp?c=160302&u=6864&a=254553244581393&p=21857192275&rest=0&v=View

My kids are Haven & Asher.

Last edited by somedaybaby on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total

2Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:16 am

Admin

Admin
Administrator
Administrator

It could be that they just pushed themselves to try to get more votes. Sometimes a contest can be won in the last 2 hours depending on the number of votes so Its always best to keep an eye on your competition. Now if It was something like 200-300 votes in a few hours I would yell "cheat" but that amounts of votes can be dooable.

http://contestgalaxy.com

3Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:02 am

somedaybaby

somedaybaby

yeah, I suppose. Its just really odd. I've participated in contests on this page before, the votes always stay consistent in their contests. The one in 3rd behind my 2 started with 12 votes when I started (I joined the contest a few days late) and in the past week gain less than 10 votes, then suddenly got over 70 votes in a few hours. The other pictures were also in it before me, starting with less than 10 votes each and stayed that way for over a week then jumped 80+. And there are no comments with their pictures (usually if friends are voting, they leave comments)..... I guess I better up my effort and just have to keep voting exchanging here smile Still have over 2 weeks to go!

4Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:44 am

somedaybaby

somedaybaby

ok, so now explain this to me... its been over 24 hours since the odd increase in votes yesterday. Everyone who miraculously gained 80+ votes in a few hours haven't gotten ANY more votes since (except one, who gained ONE vote!) WTH?

5Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Admin

Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Ok that smells fishy Possible cheating? 3929217648 is it a daily contest or 1x?

6Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:54 pm

somedaybaby

somedaybaby

its a daily, one vote every 24 hours. Its really weird, now the one person has gained 3 and the rest none since yesterday (which is what was happening before the sudden jump).

7Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:16 am

Admin

Admin
Administrator
Administrator

That is kinda strange. It might be they had a day off and went to everyone to ask for votes but it does sound kinda wierd that it went right back to what they were getting

8Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:49 pm

somedaybaby

somedaybaby

Alrighty... this can't be right... Is it possible someone is hacking OfferPop?

Here's what's been happening:

My votes have been steadily climbing since I joined this contest on the 16th. I was holding first and second place. Third place (Lindsay) was gaining 2-3 votes a day, the others none. Then on July 23, almost all the pictures gain a large amount of votes in a few hours. (Phil - 80, Carmyn - 87, Lindsay - 65, Dwayne - 78, Michael - 54). I just happen to have my phone's browser window still open from the night before and took a screen shot of what the votes looked like then (it looked the same the following morning. I took another screen shot when I saw the jump in vote around noon on the 23rd. (see photo 1 & 2)

After that, voting went back to "normal". I took a screen shot on July 26th, just in case. See photo #3. You can see in 3 days, Lindsay gained 9 votes and Phil gain none and no one else gain any more votes either. I continued to get votes from my 'friends' here, (and moved backed to 1st and 2nd) and everyone else was getting none, except Lindsay - who gain 15 votes between July 23 and July 30, and was back in 3rd place. She was at 103 the last time I looked a few hours ago today. Screen Shot #4 was taken this morning (July 30th). Then today the same photos that jumped in votes on the 23rd, jumped an even larger amount! (Phil - 252, Carmyn - 242, Lindsay - 204, Dwayne - 228, Michael - 233) . See photo #5.

I find it very odd that photos that have gotten little to no votes for days suddenly receive 80+ votes over a few hours, then nothing again for a week, then the same people get 200+ votes again a week later in a few hours.

Here are the screen shots, What do you think?
Photo #1 July 22 PM
Possible cheating? Photo_12

Photo #2 July 23 AM
Possible cheating? Photo_11

Photo 3 July 26 AM
Possible cheating? Photo_13

Photo 4 July 30 AM
Possible cheating? Photo_14

Photo 5 July 30 PM
Possible cheating? Photo_15

9Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:59 am

xiko11

i don't think so. i had 100 votes in one day smile

10Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:04 am

Admin

Admin
Administrator
Administrator

There might be cheating going on however most softwares offerpop included has software behind that tracks these sort of things. If you want I suggest googling for your competitions links and see where they have been posted.

11Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:16 pm

somedaybaby

somedaybaby

I did try to find the competition, I can't find any posts from any of them, except one who posts here. I've check other boards too. Its also odd that those 5 did not have any comments on their pictures, how do you get 200+ votes and no one comments? I don't think all 5 are cheating, I think one is doing it and padding the others so they are not so obvious. I contacted Pmall and they are looking over the reports from OfferPop and if they see anything suspicious they will disqualify them or if there was a glitch in the system they will remove the extra votes. They said it could be a server time out and when it comes back up the votes are added. But wouldn't that affect all the pictures? Mine have never had a unusual jump in votes, along with 2 others. This has happened twice, both times on Monday, we'll see if it happens again this Monday...

FYI - Phil & Camryn have not gotten single vote since their 250+ vote gain on Monday!

12Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:52 pm

WinWithMe

WinWithMe
Restricted
Restricted

Definitely cheating in the Offerpop contests! I was in one awhile ago and the person who won kept getting bursts of 200-330 votes in a matter of seconds. Unfortunately Offerpop is not a secure voting platform.

13Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:41 pm

FireTheCanonAtMe

Restricted
Restricted

find anything else out? I could use a few hundred votes LOL

http://www.contestgalaxy.com/t15741-one-vote-per-e-mail-address-ends-1-15-13#328839

14Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:15 am

Lama1997

angry

15Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:07 pm

helptheundead

I've seen at least one entry in the contest I'm in that I'm SURE is a cheater. It happened tonight. Me and a family member watched his votes go up literally by just about 100 votes inside of 15 minutes... with no additional views to his video and no additional comments or "Likes". Only the vote numbers changed in that 15 minute time span. Mind you, most entries in the contest are lucky if they get 100 votes over the course of a whole day. 100 is 15 minutes? I'm pretty sure -- I'd bet money -- that he went to a vote-buying service and bought a 100-votes to give him a boost.

And I know there are people who don't think vote-exchange is all that ethical either, but at least it takes persistance and includes friendly exchanges. Watching this guy's video go up by 100 votes in 15 minutes, and knowing it was a cheat... well it was just discouraging and immediately took all the fun out of the contest.

Sad part of all this... his video is actually good. One of the better ones in the whole competition! I even voted for it on the first day. But to now know he went out and bought 100 votes - I've lost all respect for him.

Sorry... just venting a bit I guess smile

16Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:27 am

trex

trex
Administrator
Administrator

Suspect Yes it's sad people have to cheat and buy votes. I had a similar situation with a contest 2 years ago. It took me a week to get 1,00 votes, despite the fact I had, at the time, 3,000+ Facebook friends who had no interest in helping me at all. Yet in the last week of the contest, 3 of the competitors went up 10,000 votes overnight.

When it comes to "buying votes" it boils down to the prize going to the person or persons who have the money to "buy" the prize. When someone runs a contest, they are doing it, NOT to give away prizes, but to market their ideas, business, products, etc. when someone "buys" votes, that sponsor is not getting REAL people visiting their site...but maybe ONE person with lots of accounts/IPs/emails etc. With a GOOD Vote Exchange, especially one like Contest Galaxy, where we monitor our voters to make sure we don't have cheating going on (hence our ONE vote for ONE vote rule), those sponsors are getting REAL people visiting their site(s). Sadly a lot of Vote Exchanges are not monitoring their users and they are rife with cheating, as well as users not really returning votes even if they say they are :( . Gives us all a bad reputation.

Good luck with your contest.

http://imapiper2.wix.com/raquettes

17Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:13 am

helptheundead

Believe me, I'm in marketing so I know that companies run these contests just to do branding and to drive traffic. And I know what you mean about having a lot of FB Friends, but only a few who will actually help. Let's just say that in a variety of places I have over 20,000 legitimate followers, friends and fans, yet it's like pulling teeth to get people to actually vote! Talk about frustrating!

18Possible cheating? Empty Re: Possible cheating? Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Sexxylilladybug

Sexxylilladybug

This just happened to me in my contest. I was ahead. Then this other girl got about 8 votes ahead of me. Then suddenly within minutes she got about 30 votes ahead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum