Some Heroes Are Smaller Than Others. Much Smaller.
No one knows this better than the parent of a preemie! Hand to Hold, a nonprofit parent support organization, created Preemie Power – a photo/essay contest, team fundraiser, and family celebration – to recognize these tiny super heroes for the amazing obstacles they have overcome, often despite tremendous odds.
Winners will be announced online and live at the free PREEMIE POWER celebration event on November 13, 2011 in Austin, Texas. The winning photo contest pictures in three age categories will be shared with the media. The top winners in each age category will receive a prize package valued at more than $500 each. The Thundering Thurston Award will be given to the child who receives the most overall votes.
Visit PreemiePower.org for more information.
- Choose a current picture of your child. Photos do not have to be professional.
- Complete a short application and respond to the super hero questions to tell your story.
- Share your child’s entry with friends and family.
- Vote. It’s FREE to vote, you can vote once a day, and personal information is not requested from voters. Voting starts October 17.
- Have fun! Share hope! Be inspired by your Super Hero child/ren.
- Win. We believe that everyone who participates is a winner, and we will make every effort to include as many stories on our Preemie Power blog as we can to pass on hope to families in similar circumstances.
Only persons who are at least 16 years of age can enter.
September 30, 2011 @ 08:00 am (CDT)
October 16, 2011 @ 12:00 am (CDT)
Need more Details?
Read the Official Rules
About the Company
Each year, a half-million babies are born pre-term. In Texas 54,600 families face the trauma of having their pregnancy end before their baby reaches full-term. Fortunately there is now a... [more]