Coca-Cola and NASCAR
Enter now for the chance to win the grand prize trip for two to the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™: Coca-Cola 600 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina. Plus, more than 500 winners will instantly take home A Coca-Cola NASCAR® Officially Licensed autographed Minihood or a pair of Carmike Cinemas Movie Passes
Coca-Cola’s® Carmike 2011 Instant Win & Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR TEXT MESSAGE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. Each text message, sent or received, may incur a charge as provided in your rate plan. Message and data rates may apply. If you enter via text-messaging, you will receive up to 3 text messages in response to your entry. Text-messaging may not be available through all wireless carriers.
1. Eligibility: Coca-Cola's Carmike 2011 Instant Win & Sweepstakes (the "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and non-employee workers of The Coca-Cola Company, Coca-Cola bottlers, Carmike Cinemas, Inc., National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. ("NASCAR"), and its affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, members, successors and assigns, Sassafras Marketing, Inc., USO, INC., Twitter, Inc., ePrize, LLC, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and those prize providers and agencies that are involved in the development or execution of this Promotion or any of its materials, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. The Promotion consists of an Instant Win game (the "Instant Win Game") and a Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes").
2. Sponsor: The Promotion is sponsored by Coca-Cola North America, a division of The Coca-Cola Company, One Coca-Cola Plaza, Atlanta, GA 30313. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Promotion, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
4. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), August 5, 2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET, October 31, 2011 (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
5. How to Enter: There are 2 ways to enter:
a) Text-Messaging Entry: During the Promotion Period, using a two-way text-messaging capable device, text the keyword RACE to the short code 76060. Text RACE STOP to 76060 to opt out. Text RACE HELP for information. Send questions to email@example.com. Each text message constitutes 1 entry into the Sweepstakes and 1 Instant Win Game play. If you are a potential winner of an Instant Win Game prize, the return text message that you receive will contain detailed prize claim instructions. Potential winners who entered using a two-way text-messaging capable device must visit the designated URL within 72 hours of receiving the win notification text message to complete an online prize fulfillment form. Entrants who participate in the Promotion by text messaging will be charged according to their carrier's standard text-messaging rates and entrants should contact their carrier for pricing plans and details. Check your owner's manual for specific text-messaging instructions. Text messaging may not be available through all wireless carriers. The following carriers are supported but are not sponsors of this Promotion: Sprint, Nextel, Boost, and various other wireless carriers.
b) Free Online Entry: To enter without text messaging, during the Promotion Period, visit www.cokeplaytowin.com/racetowin and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including providing a valid home address. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. You will receive 1 Sweepstakes entry and will advance to the Instant Win Game page where you will receive 1 Instant Win Game play. You will be instantly notified if you are a potential winner of 1 of the Instant Win Game prizes. The Instant Win Game is not compatible with systems using Opera Web Browsers.
Limit: 3 Sweepstakes entries and 3 Instant Win Game plays per day during the Promotion Period by either of the above methods of entry, but not both. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or text-messaging capable device. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries/plays by using multiple/different email addresses, text-messaging capable devices, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods will void that participant's entries/plays and that participant may be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry/play methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries/plays by that entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry/play, the authorized account holder of the email address or text-messaging capable device used to enter/play will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Otherwise, the "authorized account holder" of a text-messaging capable device is the natural person in whose name the device has been issued and the services are billed. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being authorized account holders.
Tell A Friend Program: After you participate in the Promotion, you will be invited to tell your friends about it via Facebook. You should only tell friends who are eligible to participate and with whom you have an existing relationship. If one of your referred friends visits the Promotion and participates him or herself, you will receive 1 additional entry into the Sweepstakes up to a total of 5 additional entries per day during the Promotion Period.
Twitter Bonus Entries: After you participate in the Promotion, you can earn up to 5 bonus entries per day by tweeting about the Promotion. You must be a member of Twitter and must provide Sponsor with your Twitter handle before tweeting to be eligible for the bonus entries. Twitter membership is free. Tweet a message about the Coca-Cola's® Carmike 2011 Instant Win & Sweepstakes using your Twitter account and include the hashtag #racetowin and the URL http://tinyurl.com/655c58x in order for it to be counted. Message must not exceed 140 characters. Message must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or disparage Sponsor.
6. ALL POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME WINNERS AND POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME OR SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME WINNER AND/OR POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS PRIOR TO THE PROMOTION BEGINS OR AFTER THE INSTANT WIN GAME SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
7. Promotion Prize Selection and Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. For the Instant Win Game: There will be five hundred ten (510) random, computer-generated winning times during the Promotion Period, one of each of the Instant Win Prizes listed below. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly-generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated. For the Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner on or around November 1, 2011 from all eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by email, mail, text message or phone call, depending on method of entry. The potential Sweepstakes winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 10 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release ("Affidavit") (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. For All Potential Winners: Any potential winner who entered via text-messaging will be notified by phone and/or text message at the phone number of the text-messaging device used to enter the Promotion. Potential winners of any prize who entered via text-messaging must visit the designated URL within 72 hours of receiving the win notification text message to complete an online prize fulfillment form. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to complete the online fulfillment form within 72 hours from the time first notified (applicable to entrants via text-messaging only), or the Affidavit (applicable to Sweepstakes prize winner only) within the required time period, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, he/she forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential Grand or First Prize winner forfeits a prize or is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, up to 3 alternate winners. If the alternate potential winners are disqualified, the applicable prize will not be awarded. Unclaimed Second Prizes will not be awarded. Non-travel prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8 to 10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion.
a. Sweepstakes Prize: 1 GRAND PRIZE: A trip for 2 to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™, Coca-Cola® 600 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, North Carolina on May 29, 2012 (the "Race"). Prize consists of round trip, coach-class air transportation for 2 people from a major airport near winner's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to North Carolina; 3 nights' accommodations at Sponsor's choice of hotel (single room, double occupancy); 2 tickets to the Race (NASCAR Nationwide Series™ and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™), seating determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; select food and beverages; escorted pre-Race VIP tour on Sunday; and selected souvenirs. All travelers must travel on same itinerary. Winner must complete the trip on the dates specified by Sponsor, surrounding the Race, or forfeit the prize. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. If trip destination is less than 250 miles from the winner's residence, winner will be provided with $200 in spending money for driving expenses in lieu of air transportation and ground transportation allowance. The Sponsor is not responsible if the Race or any scheduled event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets. Tickets may be subject to issuer's standard rain-check policies and procedures. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the package description above are the sole responsibility of winner. Travel companion must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor (as determined by his/her state of residence), winner's guest must be winner's parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of prize documents. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. By accepting ticket prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket. Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use ticket on day of event. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $4,500. The ARV of travel may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
b. Instant Win Game Prizes: 10 FIRST PRIZES: A Coca-Cola NASCAR® Officially Licensed autographed Minihood, all details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. ARV: $100.
500 SECOND PRIZES: A pair of Carmike Cinemas Movie Passes, terms and conditions apply. ARV: $25.
The odds of winning an Instant Win Game prize depend on the number of prizes available divided by the number of eligible Instant Win Game plays.
For All Prizes: No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by any winner is allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: one (1) Sweepstakes Prize and one (1) Instant Win Game Prize per person. Total ARV of all prizes: $18,000.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant's consent for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant's name, prize information, likeness, city and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, technical failures, regularly-scheduled maintenance, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Promotion to address the impairment, then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Promotion and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to release and hold harmless The Coca-Cola Company, Coca-Cola bottlers, Carmike Cinemas, Inc., NASCAR, Inc., Sassafras Marketing, Inc., USO, INC., Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., ePrize, LLC, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, agents, members, successors, assigns and agencies, and the officers, directors, shareholders and employees of each of them (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical errors related to cellular networks, computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines or airwaves; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of registrations and game plays; (e) late, lost, postage due or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If for any reason an entrant's entry/play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry or Instant Win Game play, if it is possible. If the Promotion, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries/plays received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering any Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/lsmf1N. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
NASCAR, Inc., Nationwide Mutual and Sprint are not sponsors of this promotion. NASCAR® is a registered trademark of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ word mark is used under license by National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc., and Sprint. The NASCAR Nationwide Series™ word mark is used under license by National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc., and Nationwide Mutual.