The Dirty Duds Showdown Rules
MARGIN-TOP: 43px !important
MARGIN: 30px 25px 25px; WIDTH: 586px
DIRTY DUDS SHOWDOWN CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING
1. SPONSOR: Disney Interactive Media Group, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521 ("Sponsor").
2. ADMINISTRATOR: Ventura Associates, Inc., 1040 Sixth Avenue, New York, NY 10018, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding with respect to the Dirty Duds Showdown Contest ("Contest").
3. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF CONTEST: This is a Contest to be conducted during the period commencing at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (PT), on July 21, 2011 and ending at 11:59:59 PM PT, on September 1, 2011 ("Entry Period"), for you as a Contestant to compete for one Grand Prize or one Voter's Choice Prize by submitting via www.family.com ("Website") an entry in one of two (2) categories – Outdoor Play and Dirty Kids - consisting of the following elements:  an essay in English of not more than 500 characters explaining why you think you have the "best mess" ("Essay");  one photo of your "messy" kids (kid(s) must be under the age of 16) with a caption ("Photo") of minimum size of 300 x 250 pixels (recommended 800 x 600 pixels) and a maximum file size of 50 MB and  Photo must be in one of the following file formats: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg or png (collectively, "Submission"). For purposes of these official rules ("Rules"), all times and days are Pacific Time. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest. The awarding of the prizes is subject to the eligibility and forfeiture provisions set forth below.
5. ENTRY SPECIFICATIONS: During the Entry Period, as a Member you may enter the Contest by visiting Website, logging in with your Member ID and Password, agreeing to the Rules, complying with the Tips and Guidelines/Official Entry Form, following all online entry instructions to submit your Submission and clicking on the "Upload My Entry" button (collectively, "Entry"). Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your email address ("Address"). To do so, go to http://register.go.com/go/memberservices/home, log into your Website account with your Member ID and Password, click on "Modify" and follow the instructions on how to change the Address.
6. CONTEST MATERIALS: "Materials" include:  all information and material submitted by you in connection with the Contest, including the Submission and all other forms, contracts or releases required to be submitted by you as a Contestant, whether required by Sponsor prior to or after Entry;  your name, likeness, image and biographical data as contained in or reflected by the Submission and  all photographs, artwork, writings, statements, dramatic materials, ideas, quotations and any other intellectual properties created by you in connection with the Contest, whether submitted to the Sponsor or not, including the Submission. All material owned by the Sponsor or the Sponsor's affiliated companies, including but not limited to any picture, logo, title art, etc., shall remain their property and you shall acquire no rights therein by virtue of the Contest. Except as specifically provided herein, by entering the Contest, you agree to grant to Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable worldwide license to use, re-use, reproduce, transmit, display, distribute, re-distribute, copy, store, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon and publicly perform the contents of the Materials, in whole or in part, in all media, formats and channels now known or hereafter devised, for the duration of the rights in each country, area and space, and throughout the universe, in perpetuity and in all languages, formats and versions.
7. LIMITATIONS: By submitting the Materials in the Contest, you represent and warrant to Sponsor that the Materials and everything depicted therein:  have followed and complied with the guidelines listed on the Website;  are original with you and do not originate from a magazine, newspaper or other commercial or proprietary source;  do not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any person, firm or entity;  do comply with the TOU and the Rules;  do not contain any trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork or sculptures or other material (e.g., on props, costumes, background) that would infringe any third party's copyrights or trademarks;  have not previously been submitted in a contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means;  do not contain the likeness or photograph of any person or persons (except you and members of your household and immediate family) and  do not contain material which is objectionable or unlawful as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. You further represent and warrant to Sponsor that: [a] you have all rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Materials in accordance with the Rules; [b] no person or entity other than you has any right, title or interest in and to any part of the Materials and [c] you are not subject to any agreement or arrangement that would interfere with your entering this Contest and granting all the rights granted hereunder or that would conflict with any other documentation required hereunder. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify and remove any Contestant that Sponsor deems to be in violation of these Limitations at any time. Limit of one (1) Entry per person/Address (regardless of whether one person has more than one Address or more than one person use the same Address). In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Address is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 5 are void. Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, "Releasees") are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, illegible, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, mutilated, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in your email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified; and any Contestant who attempts to enter with multiple Addresses or under multiple identities will be disqualified. Sponsor is not obligated to communicate with any Contestant during the duration of the Contest. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Please review these Rules and the TOU carefully; however, in the event of a conflict between these Rules and the TOU, these Rules will control.
8. PRIZE: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One Grand Prize winner as determined by the Judges will receive a prize consisting of the following elements:  a check for $4,500;  four (4) bottles of Clorox 2® Liquid Stain Fighter & Color Boosters liquid formula (awarded as a coupon);  two (2) Clorox 2® Laundry Stain Remover - sprays (awarded as actual product);  two (2) Clorox 2® Stain Fighter Pens (awarded as actual product) and  three (3) bottles of Clorox® Regular-Bleaches (awarded as a coupon). Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $4,544. ONE (1) VOTER'S CHOICE PRIZE: One Voter's Choice winner will receive a prize consisting of the following elements:  one (1) $500 Disney Store Gift Card;  two (2) bottles of Clorox 2® Liquid Stain Fighter & Color Booster liquid formula (awarded as a coupon);  two (2) Clorox 2® Laundry Stain Remover sprays (awarded as actual product) and  two (2) Clorox 2® Stain Fighter Pens (awarded as actual product) (ARV: $525). Total ARV of both prizes: $5,069.] Prizes are not transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. Any depiction of the prizes is for illustrative purposes only. No substitution allowed except at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen checks or prizes. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and Prizes are validly claimed by November 30, 2011, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person per Address.
9. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: There will be two (2) phases in this Contest in order to determine the winners:
(a) VOTING ROUND: The general public will be given the opportunity to vote on all eligible Entries during the Entry Period. One can vote by logging on to the Website and following the instructions to vote for his/her favorite Entry ("Vote"). Limit: one Vote per person/Address allowed per day. The eligible Contestant that receives the highest number of valid Votes within the Entry Period will be determined the potential Voter's Choice winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any votes that are cast in violation of these Rules, or are cast to achieve an unfair advantage, or are cast by robotic means of any sort.
(b) FINAL JUDGING ROUND: The top ten (10) Entries (in terms of valid Votes) will be judged from September 2, 2011 through September 16, 2011 by a panel of judges made up of representatives from the Sponsor ("Judges") to select one (1) potential winner based in the following criteria (collectively, "Criteria"): Relevance to theme (30%), Creativity (40%) and Originality (30%).
10. TIED ENTRIES: In the event of a tie in the Voting Round or in the Final Judging Round, tied Entries will be re-judged by the Judges using one or more of the Criteria listed above.
11. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT: On or about September 19, 2011, the potential Grand Prize winner will be selected by the Judges based on the Criteria. The decisions of the Judges will be final on all matters relating to the judging. The Grand Prize winner and the Voter's Choice winner will be announced on or about October 4, 2011.
12. WINNERS: The potential Grand Prize winner and the potential Voter's Choice winner will be notified via overnight mail and/or email on or about September 20, 2011. All legal responsibilities of a minor (as defined by their state of residence under the Rules will be assumed by a parent or legal guardian ("Parent"), and a minor winner's prize will be awarded in the name of the Parent for the benefit of the minor. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  a potential winner's failure to respond to notification within three (3) days after its mailing/transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  the return of any prize as undeliverable;  a potential winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  a potential winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) days from date of mailing;  a potential winner's failure to validly claim a prize within ten (10) days after it is sent;  a potential winner's failure to validly claim a prize by November 30, 2011 and  any other non-compliance with Rules. All taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner; and the Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of the prize.
15. RULES & WINNER'S LIST: For a list of the winners (after October 4, 2011) and or Rules (before September 1, 2011), send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Dirty Duds Showdown Contest Winner's List, P.O. Box 10189-Dept. DDS, Burbank, CA 91510-0189, designating either "winners" or "Rules."