Celebrate culture while enjoying TWO of Columbia’s popular annual festivals by entering our sweepstakes!
The Main Street Latin Festival AND Jubilee: Festival of Heritage will both be rocking “Famously Hot” downtown Columbia, SC on August 27, 2011.
Start your day at the 33rd Annual Jubilee: Festival of Heritage. Jubilee celebrates the life of Celia Mann and her descendants. Although only one house stands today, the Mann-Simons site historically was a collection of commercial and domestic spaces owned and operated by the same African-American family from at least 1843 until 1970. Jubilee: Festival of Heritage takes place on August 27, 2011 from 11 am to 5 pm.
The Jubilee experience includes:
• Hands-on demonstrations from some of the region’s most skilled artists and craftsmen,
• Musical entertainment including R&B, jazz, blues and gospel with special performances from Drink Small and the Benedict College Concert Choir,
• Vendors with African-influenced and traditional merchandise, and
• Tours of the Mann-Simons Site, bus tours of African-American heritage sites, the Modjeska Simkins property, and
• Poster Contest, Yam Cook-Off, and Demonstration Artists!
Your Jubilee: Festival of Heritage prize includes:
• 4 tickets for a tour of the Mann-Simons Site
• 2 tickets for a bus tour of African-American heritage sites (to be redeemed the day of the Festival),
• 4 Historic House Museum Tour tickets for any Historic Columbia Foundation (value House Museum (can be redeemed at a later date, value $24)
• A special gift from the Museum Shop (value $25).
The “Famously Hot” celebration continues as you make your way to the Main Street Latin Festival! You’ll have plenty of time to enjoy the Festival, as After-Party festivities continue well past midnight!
The Main Street Latin Festival takes place in City Center Columbia on August 27, 2011 from 11 am to 9 pm. Bringing Latin culture and vitality to “Famously Hot” Columbia, SC.
The Festival brings:
• Sizzling hot Latin and Caribbean Music,
• Salsa, Grupera, Latin Pop & Reggaeton including special performances by Choco Orta, Ronny Soler, and Tito Nieves,
• Caribbean, Cuban, Mexican, & Puerto Rican Food, and
• Hands-on activities for kids to Columbia’s City Center!
Your Main Street Latin Festival prize includes:
• Two tickets to the Main Street Latin Festival AFTER PARTY (beginning at 9 pm) to enjoy a special performance by Tito Nieves and his orchestra (two general admission tickets, value $90).
• A one-night stay at the Marriott Downtown Columbia Hotel (includes room rate and taxes – add ons such as room service are not included, value $99).
Plus:Four (4) “Famously Hot” t-shirts
The combined prize value of this sweepstakes is $250.
Only persons residing in United States who are at least 21 years of age can enter.
August 15, 2011 @ 08:00 pm (EDT)
August 22, 2011 @ 11:59 pm (EDT)
Need more Details?
Read the Official Rules