to enter you need to purchase from a participating merchant on mypoints.
If you don't have a mypoints and would like to get one you can register by using a referral which would help the site
send me you email and first and last name and I can invite you.
though the site @ www.mypoints.com
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OFFERED ONLY IN THE 50 STATES OF THE U.S. D.C.,
AND IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THOSE AREAS ONLY.
VOID IN GUAM, PUERTO RICO AND ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS,
AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. PURCHASE OR ACCUMULATION OF REWARD POINTS
DOES NOT IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. Sweepstakes Description: MyPoints' Back to School Weekly iPad2 Giveaway ("Sweepstakes") begins on July 28, 2011 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time "(PT") and ends on September 14, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. PT ("Sweepstakes Period"). This Sweepstakes is open to current members of MyPoints.com who will have the opportunity to enter the Sweepstakes for a chance to win a weekly prize described below in section 4 by completing any or all of the actions described below in section 3. The Sweepstakes consists of seven (7) separate individual weekly Sweepstakes ("Weekly Sweepstakes"). Each Weekly Sweepstakes begins on a Thursday at 12:01 a.m. (PT) and ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) that following Wednesday ("Weekly Entry Period"). Sponsor's computer shall be the official clock for purposes of the Sweepstakes. Pacific Time shall control for all purposes of this Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is only open to permanent legal residents of the 50 states of the U.S., and Washington D.C. (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) who are physically located therein, who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of his/her entry and who are members of MyPoints.com in good standing. If a participant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor (residents of Alabama or Nebraska between 18-19 years of age or residents of Mississippi who are between 18-21 years of age), he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information. Employees of MyPoints.com, Inc. ("Sponsor"), United Online, Inc., FTD.com, NetZero, Inc., Juno Online Services, MySite.com, Classmates.com, MemoryLane.com, Sweepstakes administrator, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, design, printing, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, prize suppliers, merchant participants, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent, subsidiary, and related companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities"), members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: To participate as a registered member of MyPoints.com, participant must first visit http://www.mypoints.com ("Web Site") and log in with his/her email address and password. If a potential participant is not already a member of MyPoints.com, he/she must complete member registration on the Web Site and provide the following information: First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Date of Birth, Zip/Postal Code, Gender and choice of Password (collectively, "Registration Information"). Once logged in, MyPoints members may enter the Sweepstakesonline in four (4) different ways:
a) Select the "My Alerts" tab and click on your member profile. Update your profile information by adding (or revising) your street address, city, state, zip code and daytime telephone number ("Profile Information"), then click "Update" for one (1) entry during the Sweepstakes Period ("Profile Entry");
b) Select the "My Alerts" tab and click on the "Word of the Day" obtain one (1) alerts entry per day during each Weekly Entry Period ("Alerts Entry");
c) Make a purchase from any of the participating green apple merchants to receive two (2) green apple entries during each Weekly Entry Period ("Green Apple Entry"); and
d) Make a purchase from any of the participating red apple merchants to reach one (1) red apple entry during each Weekly Entry Period ("Red Apple Entry").
MyPoints Members can find out all of the participating Green Apple and Red Apple merchants by clicking on the "Shop" tab and selecting "All Merchants". Profile Information is used for Sweepstakes notification and prize award purposes in the event that a member is selected as a potential winner. To enter the Sweepstakes without making a green or red apple purchase, member must legibly handprint his/her First Name, Last Name, Address (no P.O. Boxes), City, State, Zip Code, Daytime Phone Number (including area code), Date of Birth and include the Email Address member's MyPoints account is registered under on a standard sized postcard (no larger than 5" x 7"), and mail to: MyPoints' Back to School Weekly iPad2 Giveaway, specify "Green Apple Entry" or "Red Apple Entry" (as applicable), specify which week the entry is submitted for "Week 1-7", P.O. Box 6249, Burbank, CA 91510 ("Alternate Mail Entry"). See chart below for Weekly Entry Periods. By sending in an eligible Green Apple Entry and/or Red Apple Entry, member will receive ten (10) entries into the weekly drawing for his/her specified Weekly Entry Period. Each Alternate Mail Entry must be mailed separately and received within five (5) days of the last day of each Weekly Entry Period (see dates below). All Alternate Mail Entry information must be completed in full. Each Profile Entry, Alert Entry, Green Apple Entry and Red Apple Entry must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on September 14, 2011 and each Alternate Mail Entry must be received by September 19, 2011 (collectively "Entries").
Online Entries End
Alternate Entries Receipt date
12:01 am PT on 7/28/11
11:59 pm PT on 8/3/11
12:00 noon PT on 8/8/11
12:01 am PT on 8/4/11
11:59 pm PT on 8/10/11
12:00 noon PT on 8/15/11
12:01 am PT on 8/11/11
11:59 pm PT on 8/17/11
12:00 noon PT on 8/22/11
12:01 am PT on 8/18/11
11:59 pm PT on 8/24/11
12:00 noon PT on 8/29/11
12:01 am PT on 8/2511
11:59 pm PT on 8/31/11
12:00 noon PT on 9/6/11*
12:01 am PT on 9/1/11
11:59 pm PT on 9/7/11
12:00 noon PT on 9/12/11
12:01 am PT on 9/8/11
11:59 pm PT on 9/14/11
12:00 noon PT on 9/19/11
*9/5/11 is a national holiday and post offices are closed.
There is no fee to register at MyPoints.com. All MyPoints Registration Information and required Profile Information must be completed in full and must be accurate and valid. Failure to provide all Registration Information and Profile Information will result in an invalid MyPoints registration and/or an invalid Entry into the Sweepstakes. Any Entry regardless of method that contains incomplete Registration Information or Profile Information will be disqualified. MyPoints members are responsible for keeping his/her Registration Information and Profile Information current and up to date. In the event that a member updates their Profile more than once during the Sweepstakes Period, only the first Update will count as the Profile Entry. Limit one (1) Profile Entry during the Sweepstakes Period; limit one (1) Alerts Entry per day for a maximum of up to seven (7) Alerts Entries per Weekly Sweepstakes; limit up to ten (10) Green Apple Entries during each Weekly Sweepstakes Period; and limit up to ten (10) Red Apple Entries during each Weekly Sweepstakes Period. Members may enter either by the online Green/Red method of entry OR Alternate Mail Green/Red method of entry, but not both methods of entry during each Weekly Entry Period. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Opting in to specific offers, purchases and the accumulation of reward points does not improve one's chances of winning. Participants can only register and participate online in the Sweepstakes under one U.S. based email address. Any email address from another country or incomplete member Registration Information and/or Profile Information will result in disqualification. Once an email address has been registered by a member/participant, that email address cannot be used by any other member/person for the Sweepstakes (or to register at Web Site). Only the account holder registered under a particular email address may participate in the Sweepstakes and must be deemed the person who physically completed the act of entering. Proof of submitting or receipt of an Entry of any kind will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any attempted form of participation in the Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void.
4. Prizes/Odds of Winning: Seven (7) Prizes will be awarded: Each winner will receive one (1) 16 GB Apple iPad 2 with Wifi capability (service plan not included). ARV of each First Prize is: $499 ("First Prize").
Odds of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible Entries received during each Weekly Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) prize per person/per household. Prize must be accepted with all listed prize components subject to the conditions indicated herein. No cash in lieu of any prize. No prize transfers or substitutions allowed; however, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize (or any prize component) with another prize/prize component of equal or greater value if advertised prize(s)/prize component(s) becomes unavailable for any reason. If, for any reason, a prize component is unavailable for some reason then remaining elements of the prize(s) shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor's prize obligation to winner(s) and no additional compensation will be awarded. iPad 2® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Apple Inc., in no way sponsors or endorses this Sweepstakes. Wireless service not included and is subject to certain terms and conditions specified by provider. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to replace any merchandise with a newer model or version of same; but, in such event, Sponsor will continue to use the value of the "old" (i.e., replaced) item for purposes of calculating the ARV. Prize(s) cannot be exchanged/redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer and are subject to stated terms and conditions. All winners are solely responsible for all costs, incidentals, any required installation or requested product upgrades/option and/or any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. All winners' notifications, applicable documents, prize or prize components will be shipped to U.S. addresses only. Any depiction of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. If a winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent/legal guardian. If a winner cannot or does not accept his/her prize as stated in these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited in its entirety, and awarded to an alternate winner. Sweepstakes administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize(s).
5. Drawing and Notification of Winners: Potential winners will be randomly selected on or about November 14, 2011 from among all eligible Entries received for each Weekly Sweepstakes and will be conducted by Sweepstakes administrator in Burbank, CA (an independent compliance organization). Potential winners will be notified by telephone (used from his/her Entry) on or about two (2) weeks after the drawing date of his/her prize winning status and will be required to complete a Telephone Eligibility Questionnaire administered by telephone by the Sweepstakes administrator for prize eligibility purposes. If a potential winner is not able to be reached after a reasonable effort in a five (5) day period, such potential winner(s) will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor's sole discretion. MyPoints members are solely responsible for updating Registration Information for his/her Profile Information.
7. Additional Terms and Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for member and/or Registration/Profile Information and/or Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limits, or for Entries that are illegible,incorrect, inaccurate, destroyed, late, incomplete, misdirected, postage due, mutilated, lost, misdirected, deleted, forged, damaged, tampered with, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and all such Entries will be disqualified. If, for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, including without limitation, if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes; or if problems occur with receiving Registration Information/Profile Information, tampering or infection by computer virus, computer game programming, technical problems, disputes, or any combination thereof, Sponsor at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes and conduct the drawing from all salvageable and eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor to award any outstanding prizes. Any person attempting to forge or tamper with the Sweepstakes or otherwise defraud Sponsor will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and will be ineligible to win a prize. By participating, participants (if a minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from losses/injuries of any kind, including personal injury and/or death, resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to disputes; acceptance/possession, use/misuse of any prize by winner; delivery delays of prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry(s)/Member Registration Information/Profile Information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, redemption process, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by the Sweepstakes or participant; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, a purchase or offer, Web Site, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to Entrant's (or any third person's) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and/or prize(s) and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities. Sweepstakes Entities are also not responsible for any typographical or other error(s) contained in the Official Rules. Return of prize or prize notification(s) as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of prize(s) and/or disqualification of winner at Sponsor's sole discretion. Entrants are subject to the MyPoints Terms and Conditions policy located at http://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/terms.vm. Potential winners are subject to verification and account status in good standing before a prize will be awarded. In the event of a dispute as to any Member Registration or Entry, the authorized account holder of the U.S. email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or Entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in any other materials relating to the Sweepstakes.
8. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Sweepstakes (including without limitation, its administration or technical functionality), (ii) the awarding or redemption of a prize and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, its enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Los Angeles County, California before a single arbitrator, in accordance with California Code of Civil Procedure § § 1280 et seq. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the parties or, if the parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS/Endispute. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator's award is based. The parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator's fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys' fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Nothing in this paragraph shall affect the ability of Sponsor or any of its affiliates to seek from a court injunctive or equitable relief at any time. Entrant agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, exclusively by arbitration, without resort to any form of class action. Entrant further agrees that any claim/judgment/award in such arbitration shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and, under no circumstances, will an entrant be entitled to awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this Section be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this Section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
9. Rules/Winners List: To receive the name of the winners or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: MyPoints' Back to School Weekly iPad2 Giveaway "Rules" or "Winners List" (specify which), P.O. Box 6452, Burbank, CA 91510. Requests must be received by January 16, 2012. Official Rules will also be accessible on the Web Site. Winners List may also be posted on the Web Site.
10. SPONSOR: This promotion is sponsored by MyPoints.com, Inc., 50 California Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111.
Official Rules ©2011 ESG. Participants may copy these Official Rules for personal use only and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.