NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("CONTINENTAL U.S."), AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes commences at 12:01 AM Pacific Time ("PT") on July 22, 2011 and ends at 5:00 PM PST on August 18, 2011.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the continental U.S. who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, Discovery Communications, LLC, Gap Adventures, Promotion Mechanics, Inc. ("Promotion Administrator"), their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. TO ENTER: Visit www.sharksweepstakes.com and access the Sweepstakes entry page. Complete the online entry form and submit so that it is received by Sponsor's server by 5:00 PM PST on August 18, 2011. Limit one entry per person per day. Sponsor reserves the right to deny any entry based on submission of incomplete information or non-compliance with these Official Rules.
5. RANDOM DRAWING - PRIZES - ODDS OF WINNING: On or about August 22, 2011, the Promotion Administrator, an independent judging organization, will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to award the following prizes:
One (1) Grand Prize: Discovery Adventure Galapagos Islands Cruise for two people. The prize consists round trip coach air travel for two people to Quita, Ecuador, from a major commercial airport near to winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor); transportation to/from the point of embarkation; double-occupancy accommodations for 6 days/5 nights; activities that are part of the cruise itinerary such as hiking, snorkeling, exploring and observing; and meals while on cruise. All other expenses not specified herein are the winner's sole responsibility. Air carriers, hotels and other transportation will be selected by Sponsor. Approximate retail value ("ARV") $7,500. Actual value will be determined by winner's residence and seasonal rates. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions; blackout dates may apply. Travel must be booked by March 31, 2012 and travel completed by December 31, 2012 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary, must comply with all security requirements and are solely responsible for obtaining their respective travel insurance and travel documents such as passports, visas, and proof of current vaccinations (all as may be required by law). Additional releases and qualifications may be imposed by activity providers. Grand Prize winner's guest, who must be 18 years of age or older, must complete a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents.
Grand Prize winner will be requested to provide photos and/or videos he/she takes on the trip, along with a brief written description of the highlights of the trip ("Travel Diary"), to the Sponsor within four weeks of the trip. The Grand Prize winner agrees to grant the Sweepstakes Entities the results and proceeds of the Travel Diary (hereunder "Materials") with the right for the full period of copyright, including all extensions and renewals thereof, and thereafter in perpetuity, throughout the world, to use and re-use all or any part of the Materials for the purpose of making and producing television programs and other works, and advertising, publicizing and exploiting the same, by all means and in all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, and to authorize others to do so. Neither winner nor other party now or hereafter having an interest in the Materials shall have any right or action against the Sponsor or any other party arising out of any use of said Materials. The Grand Prize winner further agrees that Sweepstakes Entities may elect, in their sole discretion, to not use the Materials or to use only a portion of the Materials.
Three (3) First Prizes: Shark Week Ultimate Prize Pack consisting of one (1) Shark Week Wallin Surfboard and one (1) Happy Shark Week Blue T-shirt. ARV $524.90.
Twenty (20) Second Prizes: Shark Week Fan Set consisting of a set of two (2) Shark Week Straw Beach Mats, one (1) Shark Week 20th Anniversary DVD Set and one (1) Happy Shark Week Mug. ARV $67.85.
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.Winners will be notified by email, phone, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor's sole discretion. Inability to contact a winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winner.Grand Prize winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified in notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected. If a winner is 18 or older, as is required for entry, but not of the age of majority in state of residence, prize will either be awarded in the name of parent or legal guardian, or parent or legal guardian must ratify and sign any and all documents required of winner.
6. GENERAL: Taxes on prizes and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes and not specified are the sole responsibility of winners. By participating, entrants agree [i] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; [ii] any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes; and if a winner, [iii] to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and online, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for [i] any telecast, cable or telephone malfunctions, human error, or satellite transmission failures, or delayed or preempted telecasts; [ii] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; [iii] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; [iv] late, lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or [v] any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, in which case prize will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation.No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or safety or security reasons, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized web site address of www.sharksweepstakes.com. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Use of script, macro or any other mechanical or automated means device to automate entry is prohibited and any entries received through such means will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. In the event of any conflict between the Official Rules and any abbreviated rules or advertising distributed in connection with the Sweepstakes, the terms and conditions of the Official Rules posted at www.sharksweepstakes.com shall prevail. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Any claim arising out of the foregoing shall be instituted solely in a court situated in San Francisco County, California, and entrant and Sponsor irrevocably agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such court.
Limitation of Liability/Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SWEEPSTAKES AND USE OF THE PRIZE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. WINNER LIST: To receive a winner list, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by September 30, 2011, to: Shark Week Sweepstakes Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750.
Sponsor: Delivery Agent, Inc., Delivery Agent, Inc., 300 California St., 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104
Promotion Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470.
©2011 Delivery Agent, Inc. All rights reserved.