1.Choose the photo that tickles your pickle.
2.Type in your caption (speech, thoughts or a general description – just keep it to 160 characters).
3.Submit it! We’ll vet it, and if it passes muster then we’ll add your caption to our photo gallery.
4.Chivvy your friends to vote for your caption.
5.The caption that garners the most votes wins – and for the victor there’s a year’s supply of Tyrrells… and glory!
Terms and Conditions (click Spoiler to read)
- 1. THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ENTRY TO THE CONTEST IS FREE.
2. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico who are over the age of 18. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will NOT increase your chances of winning. Entry to the Contest is free. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws & regulations. United States law governs this Contest. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
3. Employees or agents of Tyrrells or anyone professionally connected to this Promotion are excluded from participation.
4. No purchase necessary.
5. By taking part in this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. To Enter: visit www.tyrrellschips.com and click on Win Things to enter our caption competition. Select which photo you wish to submit an entry for and then tell us what you think the people are doing, saying or thinking, in a maximum of 160 characters.
7. Entries will be accepted between 10.00am American Eastern Time (ET) on 1st August 2012 and 1.00pm on 30th April 2013 ET. Entries outside of these dates and times will not be accepted.
8. Only one entry per person, per flavor, per calendar month.
9. Entries will be rejected if they:
a. contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
b. have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means;
c. refer to brands other than those of the Promoter;
d. include trademarks, logos or copyrighted material not owned by you;
e. include the names or similar of any individual without their express permission;
f. represent a danger to health and safety;
g. disparage the promoter or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion.
10. Successful entries will be uploaded to the Gallery and will be voted upon by viewers of the Tyrrells website.
11. Entrants agree that the Promoter will not be responsible for the following: (a) Electronic transmissions, entries or submissions that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (b) Any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures and/or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries or related materials; or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or related material; (c) Failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from participation in this Contest, or (d) Causes beyond their reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (e) Any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules (all such entries will be disqualified); (f) Any printing errors in these Official Rules or in any advertisements or correspondence in connection with this promotion.
12. No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. Entries will only be allowed in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any attempted interference with the running of this promotion will result in a void entry.
13. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest should virus, bugs, fraud, hacking or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. In such cases, notice to this effect will be posted on the website at www.tyrrellschips.com and winners will be determined from all eligible entries received prior to cancellation.
15. By entering this contest you are warranting that the material you submit is your own and is not subject to any third party copyright or similar intellectual property rights. In addition, your submission must be suitable for display and publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent; it must not contain defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group), it must not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or similar standards.
16. The Prizes: Each calendar month, there will be a year’s supply of chips awarded to the entrant submitting the caption judged to be the most funny across all flavors.
17. Winner Selection: During the promotional period, the public will be able to vote for their favorite or funniest caption. At the end of the month, the votes will be reset to zero, but the captions may still appear. The top twenty captions with the highest number of votes received up until 11.59pm on the last day of each month will be shortlisted to be judged by a panel of judges containing at least one independent judge. The winner will be the entrant whose entry gains the highest scores from the judges.
18. Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
a. Most Funny
b. Creativity and Originality
c. Brand Relevance
19. The prize will be 12 boxes, each containing 12 x 150g bags of Tyrrells Crisps. The flavor(s) will be determined at random and may not be the same as the flavor for which the vote was submitted. The boxes will be delivered to the winners quarterly: every three months, the winner will receive a delivery of three boxes.
20. Voting: You may submit a maximum of one vote, per caption, per month. To cast a vote, voters must submit an email address. This will also qualify you for entry into a monthly draw to win a month’s supply of Tyrrells Potato Chips. The prize will be a single box containing 12 x 150g bags of Tyrrells Potato Chips. The flavor(s) will be determined at random and may not be the same as the flavor for which the vote was submitted. Only one prize may be won per person during the promotional period.
21. For your total confidence, the “voters prize draw” will be conducted within 7 days following the end of the month, by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service.
22. Winners of the caption competition and the “voters prize draw” will be notified within 14 days of the closing date via email.
23. In the event that a winner of either the Caption Competition or Prize Draw or substitute winner is unreachable, ineligible, or fails to claim the prize in the time required, the winner shall forfeit their prize and the prize may be awarded to the next placed entrant.
24. The prizes are non-transferable, non refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
25. The decisions of the Promoter are final and promoter under no obligation to correspond about Entries and Entries will not be acknowledged or returned
26. The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify Entries which it considers do not comply with these terms and conditions or any participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this Promotion.
27. The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
28. Entries must be made by the participant, and must not be made through agents or third parties. Proof of identity may be requested.
29. Please allow 28 days for delivery of the prizes.
30. No bulk, third party or organized group entries will be accepted.
31. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
32. The name and state of each of the winners will be available on www.promowinners.com/tyrrellscaption at the end of the promotion.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the name and county of residence of the winners. The winners may be required to participate in the Promoter’s marketing and promotional activities and by entering the Promotion consents to such participation.
35. By entering the Promotion, the participant agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
36. The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
37. This Promotion is governed by US law and the jurisdiction of the courts of Maryland
38. The Promoter is Tyrrells Potato Chips, Tyrrells Court, Stretford Bridge, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 9DQ, UK – please do not send entries to this address.