In order to compete, contestants must be a full-time (excluding continuing education) Niagara College Student, and be currently enrolled.
The winner of the DJ Wars will receive $500
2nd Prize/Fan Favourite:
The Fan Favourite award will be given to the DJ that receives the most votes during balloting on the night of the DJ Wars.
Every attendee will be given a ballot when they arrive for the evening. They will be able to choose one DJ as their favourite and deposit the ballot at the DJ Wars Polling station.
The DJ that garners the most number of votes will win $200.00.
Yes this is a popularity contest so make sure your fans are in attendance.
Submit a Youtube or Facebook video of you performing a set.
The top 6 highest voted DJs will automatically be entered into DJ Wars. The remaining 2 DJs will be chosen by a jury.
There are only 8 spots available.
• All contestants must have enough material to perform a minimum of ten (10) minutes to a maximum of twenty (20) minutes. All contestants must perform at least 80% original material.
• Each set must consist of the following:
• ¼ hip hop
• ¼ house
• ¼ scratch
• ¼ freestyle (DJ’s choice of style and music)
* The contestants will be judged on criteria such as Overall Talent, Equipment Proficiency, Stage Presence, Originality, and Song Dropping.
• Each contestant will have ten (10) minutes to set up. Line checks are allowed but no sound checks. Changeover times are only 10 minutes long, so everyone is expected to be respectful and cooperative with the contestants before and after you.
• All contestants must bring their own weapons: headphones, CDT’s, Controllers and Turntables. No Abelton Live allowed
• Audio support will be provided
• Contestants will be given a “5 minutes left” warning signal. If you go more than a minute over-time, your monitors and the lights will be turned off and you WILL be shut down. Being shut off negatively impacts your final score.
• All contestants authorize the Niagara College Student Administrative Council to use any recording, photograph or any other audio or visual document for the purpose of promoting, advertising and broadcasting the Battle of the Contestants and expect no money, or any compensation in return. This authorization does not constitute a transfer of royalties and does not make NCSAC Inc. a representative or agent of the contestants.